|About This Position:
Click Here to Apply Online
Position that requires extensive customer service skills, positive attitude, expressed enthusiasm and the ability to work well with others and in a team environment. Involves a range of duties of varying abilities including but not limited to CRA documentation preparation, HMDA documentation preparation, collecting CRA Source Documents and managing Community Development Loans, Donation and Services while maintaining a high level of quality control. This position will support the GBCI Corporate CRA Officer in the management, training, monitoring and reporting of Western Security Bank, Division of Glacier Bank, CRA Program striving for performance and compliance with the applicable laws and regulations of the Community Reinvestment Act. Responsible for ensuring WSB is in compliance with all state and federal regulations. Assesses the adequacy and extent of the bank’s compliance program. Assists with internal audits and work as a liaison between WSB and GBCI Compliance Department. Compiles and issues reports detailing conclusions and providing recommendations for improvement. Conducts staff training as it relates to bank compliance. Customer (internal) contact is by phone and in person. Must have the ability to interpret processes and procedures, to relay them in a manner that is understood by the customer (internal) and to positively assist in problem resolution. Demonstrates a high degree of accountability through utilization of skills (self starter, work independently and meet deadlines), knowledge and actions that protect the assets of Western Security Bank and its customers.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
A single incumbent position reporting to the Retail Loan Processing Manager.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- CRA DUTIES
1. Monitor WSB branches/departments for collaboration in developing and monitoring performance goals that meet the company’s CRA objectives.
2. Manage and analyze data related to the WSB’s CRA Program to ensure timely, accurate and consistent preparation of reports.
3. Partner with Senior Management team to report/review performance and or weaknesses in our CRA Assessment Areas to ensure that the GBCI’s CRA objectives and performance goals are met.
4. Provide training and advisory services as needed to areas of the bank regarding CRA. Work with the lending staff on quality information reporting and data collection.
5. Monitor/Assemble the bank’s CRA program within the performance measurements tests (Lending, Investments, and Services), within assigned area of responsibility.
6. Produce monthly, quarterly and annual CRA performance reports for Lending (CD, HMDA, & Small Business), Investments (Securities, Tax Credit and other investments) and Services.
7. Prepare quarterly self-assessments of CRA performance. Work with other CRA coordinators and other CRA compliance members to create informative reports that assist senior management.
8. Assist in preparation of internal committee CRA presentations and various projects as needed.
9. Assist in preparation for and management of CRA examinations and internal audits includes coordination and the collection of information, materials and other data for CRA examinations.
10. Maintain and implement CRA procedures, monitor regulatory revisions with the impacts on policy and procedures.
11. Manage and update CRA Public File as needed gathering required information.
12. Need to be able to work and communicate well with all internal departments (commercial, consumer, residential).
- COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for WSB’s compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and policies.
2. Manages, implements, and ensures compliance with applicable financial laws and regulations. Analyzes and reports data as required.
3. Reviews and implements regulatory changes. Compiles reference resources for WSB’s daily use to ensure compliance with regulations.
4. Assists Senior Management in developing procedures for compliance issues. Conducts periodic reviews of existing procedures to ensure accuracy, efficiency, and effectiveness.
5. Ensures policies and procedures are updated and are in accordance with evolving regulations, legal requirements, and industry trends.
6. Develops plans to ensure ongoing implementation of WSB/GBCI compliance practices.
7. Establishes and maintains effective communication and coordination with commercial and consumer lenders and with management.
8. Keeps management informed of any significant problems or concerns.
9. Completes and submits required reports, records, and related documents.
10. Attends meetings as required.
11. Implements training programs for the overall administration lending and operational compliance activities.
12. Keep appropriate bank staff apprised of regulatory and bank policy changes.
13. Ensures professional business relationships are established and maintained with GBCI compliance department, regulatory agencies, auditors, appraisers, and business associates.
14. Resolves complaints, questions, and problems promptly. Provides assistance as needed.
15. Responsible for related duties as required or assigned.
16. Stays informed of trends and developments in compliance issues and loan reviews.
- CUSTOMER RELATIONS
1. Responsible for modeling the behaviors that make a customer feel valued when using WSB services in person or over the phone.
- Make all customers feel welcome and at ease by treating them in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Research account information for customers and demonstrate that you are interested in their business.
- Discover the customer’s problems, needs and objectives by making observations, listening and asking questions.
- Actively use the SERVICE Pledge for all service encounters:
- Eye contact
- Refer to customers by name
- Viable options – Never say no
- Instant acknowledgement
- Customers always come first
- End with “Thank You”
- Practice the WSB Core Values
- Be There – For both your customers and coworkers.
- Choose Your Attitude – Choose to make Western
Security Bank a positive place to work.
- Make Their Day – Find someone who needs a helping hand, a work of support or a good ear and make their day.
- Play – Take your work seriously, but not yourself.
- Calls the customer by name and engage the customer in conversation. Actively establishes rapport and shows concern.
D. MISCELLANEOUS DUTIES
1. Answer incoming, direct calls, and take mail.
- Actively participates in WSB continuing education
- Know the different policies and procedures.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the importance of customer relations in the success of the organization. Models appropriate behavior that supports the importance of customers through mastery of technical skills and a dedication to high performance
- Other duties as assigned.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Three to six months related experience and/or training preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
2. Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read and understand simple Notes.
- Knowledge of and ability to understand all loan codes.
- Working knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to use listed tools and equipment.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective personal working relationships with peers and supervisors.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and infrequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision (to see colors and watermarks on checks), peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is infrequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and outside weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
MENTAL/MOTOR DEMANDS: (The mental/motor demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee constantly works with time constraints and maintains attentiveness duration and intensity. The employee frequently has routine workflow. The employee frequently exercises flexibility (the ability to shift from one task to another). Guidance, reinforcement and co-worker support are available frequently. The employee is frequently involved in social interaction which requires frequent oral and written communications.
Mathematics and reasoning are constantly used/required on the job. Memory and estimating are frequently used/required on the job. Problem solving and exercising judgment are frequently used/required on the job.